Understand The Claims Process
In the face of a property disaster, you need to empower yourself with the best information, tools and resources to get action fast for payment on your insurance claim.
Most insurance companies will not offer proactive assistance to help you understand the process. Storm Help Team is here to help get the right information in your hands and the right professionals working on your behalf.
After all, the insurance companies have armies of their own professionals protecting their interests. Shouldn’t you have the best professionals protecting yours?
Take Control – Know Your Rights
- If the insurance company denies your claim or offers you a low settlement, ask them to identify the language in your homeowners’ policy that serves as the basis for denying your claim or offering a low amount. Most homeowners’ policies do not cover damage from floods, earthquakes or tree removal (except when the tree damages the house).
- If you disagree with your insurance company’s handling of your claim, ask to speak with a supervisor. Use the records you have kept since the claim process began.
- If you disagree with your insurance company’s decision, ask for a written copy of your appeal rights under your insurance contract.
- If you are getting the runaround, file a complaint with your congressman’s office of constituent affairs and with your state insurance department. Your state insurance department will seek a response to your complaint from the insurance company and may even intervene on your behalf with the insurance company.
- If you are unable to resolve your claim with your insurance company, you should quickly seek legal advice from Storm Help Team.
Step By Step Timeline
If you are here, you may already be overwhelmed and frustrated by the insurance claims process or have had trouble with your insurance company. While this is a far-too-common problem, it is neither legal nor fair.
It’s time to put your mind at ease and put money owed to you from your insurance policy in your pocket.
There are basic steps that any policy holder can do for themselves to maximize the likelihood of speedy and fair payment. Reclaim your right to a settlement that adequately compensates you for your damages with this step-by-step approach, and know that Storm Help Team is here to help you when you need professionals on your side: